The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
If you want to gain insight into the real-world uses of VMware ESX and ESXi, this book provides scores of step-by-step solutions for working with these products in a wide range of network environments. You'll not only learn the basics -- how to pool resources from hardware servers, computer clusters, networks, and storage, and then distribute them among virtual machines -- but also the stumbling blocks you'll encounter when you monitor systems, troubleshoot problems, and deal with security.
In addition to the recipes, VMware Cookbook includes background information to help you determine your virtualization needs. You'll come to view VMware as part of the real environment, alongside operating systems, storage, and logical and physical network components.
- Follow best practices for installing VMware in your environment
- Discover how to secure and monitor your network
- Understand disk storage implementation and configuration
- Learn resource management using the distributed resource scheduler, shares, and resource pools
- Configure logical and physical networks
- Learn how to clone and migrate servers
- Gain valuable tips for configuration and fine-tuning
Many resources can teach you about virtualization and the basics of VMware. This book is for system administrators who are ready to go beyond an introduction.
, or download in or
More from this author
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer science
- Academic > Computer Science > Electronic data processing
- Academic > Computer Science > Computers - special aspects
- Academic > Computer Science > Virtual computer systems
- Academic > Mathematics > Instruments and machines
- Computers > Programming Languages > Java
- Computers > Programming Languages > HTML, SGML, VRML, XML
- Computers > Internet > World Wide Web