The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Windows 7 Annoyances
Tips, Secrets, and Solutions
Windows 7 may be faster and more stable than Vista, but it's a far cry from problem-free. David A. Karp comes to the rescue with the latest in his popular Windows Annoyances series. This thorough guide gives you the tools you need to fix the troublesome parts of this operating system, plus the solutions, hacks, and timesaving tips to make the most of your PC.
- Streamline Windows Explorer, improve the Search tool, eliminate the Green Ribbon of Death, and tame User Account Control prompts
- Explore powerful Registry tips and tools, and use them to customize every aspect of Windows and solve its shortcomings
- Squeeze more performance from your hardware with solutions for your hard disk, laptop battery, CPU, printers, and more
- Stop crashes, deal with stubborn hardware and drivers, fix video playback issues, and troubleshoot Windows when it won't start
- Protect your stuff with permissions, encryption, and shadow copies
- Secure and speed up your wireless network, fix networking woes, make Bluetooth functional, and improve your Web experience
- Get nearly all of the goodies in 7 Ultimate, no matter which edition you have
"Blunt, honest, and awesome."
--Aaron Junod, Manager, Integration Systems at Evolution Benefits
"This could be the best [money] you've ever spent."
--Jon Jacobi, PC World
"To use Windows is to be annoyed -- and this book is the best way to solve any annoyance you come across. It's the most comprehensive and entertaining guide you can get for turning Windows into an operating system that's a pleasure to use."
--Preston Gralla, author of Windows Vista in a Nutshell, and Computerworld contributing editor
, or download in or
More from this author
The Extreme Searcher's Internet Handbook 2013 US$ 19.99 345 pages
The New Digital Age 2013 US$ 11.99 336 pages
Steve Jobs 2011 US$ 14.57 448 pages
Successful Business Intelligence: Unlock the Value of BI & Big Data, Second Edition 2013 US$ 40.00 337 pages
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer software > Operating systems (Computers); Periodicals
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer science
- Academic > Computer Science > Electronic data processing
- Academic > Computer Science > Programming languages
- Computers > Operating Systems > Windows
- Computers > Buyer's Guides