The Globalization of News
Contributors consider how leading players like Reuters and Associated Press help to define the nature of both the Global and the Local as well as focusing on the network of relations between international and national agencies. The book also takes into account the attempts by some national news agencies to establish radically different news agendas. Demonstrating how the news agencies have contributed both to the process of globalization and, simultaneously, to the process of national construction, this book provides an important critical survey of the contemporary international news business.
241 pages; ISBN 9780857026156
, or download in
Title: The Globalization of News
Author: Oliver Boyd-Barrett; Terhi Rantanen
- Academic > Literature > Literary history > Biography
- Academic > Journalism and Media > Journalism. The periodical press, etc.
- Academic > Literature > Periodicals
- Academic > Literature > Theory. Philosophy. Esthetics
- Academic > Literature > Journalism. The periodical press, etc.
- Media > News and Current Affairs
- Current Events > Mass Media
- Political Science > International Relations
- Language Arts & Disciplines > Journalism
- Language Arts & Disciplines > Communication
- Business > Industries