The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Modern Languages in the Primary School
The authors examine ways in which language-learning can be made a rich experience for all. They offer ideas on how to start language programmes in schools, or enhance those already in place. The book:
- Features a 3-stage practical approach to teaching languages with different age groups in primary schools
- Develops a coherent view of language learning and teaching
- Refers to the KS2 Framework elements of oracy, literacy, intercultural understanding, knowledge about language and language learning strategies
- Contains a chapter which offers a theoretical introduction to content and language integrated learning (CLIL)
- Refers to the QTS Standards and offers a short guide to internet-based and multimedia resources
This book is for Primary ITE students and experienced teachers who are taking on the Modern Language coordinator role or teaching modern languages in primary schools for the first time.
Philip Hood is Course Director of the National SCITT Primary PGCE and Lecturer in Modern Languages Education at the University of Nottingham. Kristina Tobutt is a Primary teacher and Associate Consultant for Nottinghamshire LA.
240 pages; ISBN 9781446244098
, or download in or