Performance Management in the Public Sector
Tackling the key topics of reform and modernization, this important new book systematically examines performance in public management systems. The authors present this seminal subject in an informative and accessible manner, tackling some of the most important themes.
Performance Management in the Public Sector takes as its point of departure a broad definition of performance to redefine major and basic mechanisms in public administration, both theoretically and in practice. The book:
- situates performance in some of the current public management debates;
- discusses the many definitions of ‘performance’ and how it has become one of the contested agendas of public management;
- examines measurement, incorporation and use of performance information; and
- explores the challenges and future directions of performance management.
A must-read for any student or practitioner of public management, this core text will prove invaluable to anyone wanting to improve their understanding of performance management in the public sector.
198 pages; ISBN 9781134197019
, or download in or
Title: Performance Management in the Public Sector
Author: Wouter Van Dooren; Geert Bouckaert; John Halligan
The World's Most Powerful Leadership Principle 2004 US$ 13.99 224 pages
To Sell Is Human 2012 US$ 12.99 256 pages
- Academic > Public Affairs > Public Affairs > Public administration
- Academic > Public Affairs > Political institutions and public administration > General. Comparative government > Political rights. Political participation
- Political Science > Public Affairs & Administration
- Business > Human Resources & Personnel Management
- Business > Management