The History of Puerto Rico
Drawing on dramatic recent developments in research, The History of Puerto Rico offers the most up-to-date and fully realized exploration of the island's past for students, travelers, and general readers alike.
The History of Puerto Rico ranges from the earliest indigenous settlements to the reign of the Taino, from the centuries under Spanish control through more than 100 years of life under the U.S. flag. Insightful and authoritative, the book helps readers understand the history behind Puerto Rico's complicated contemporary political status, its unique relationship with the United States, and the current efforts of Puerto Ricans to reclaim their indigenous and African heritage, leverage their bilingual culture for economic gain, and celebrate their cultural and artistic achievements.
194 pages; ISBN 9780313354199
, or download in
Title: The History of Puerto Rico
Author: Lisa Flores
- Academic > History > Latin America. Spanish America > West Indies > Greater Antilles > Puerto Rico
- Academic > History > United States local history > Atlantic coast. Middle Atlantic States > District of Columbia. Washington
- Academic > History > United States local history > New England > Maine
- Social Science > Human Geography
- History > Latin America
- History > Caribbean & West Indies