The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Statistics in a Nutshell
A Desktop Quick Reference
Need to learn statistics as part of your job, or want some help passing a statistics course? Statistics in a Nutshell is a clear and concise introduction and reference that's perfect for anyone with no previous background in the subject. This book gives you a solid understanding of statistics without being too simple, yet without the numbing complexity of most college texts.
You get a firm grasp of the fundamentals and a hands-on understanding of how to apply them before moving on to the more advanced material that follows. Each chapter presents you with easy-to-follow descriptions illustrated by graphics, formulas, and plenty of solved examples. Before you know it, you'll learn to apply statistical reasoning and statistical techniques, from basic concepts of probability and hypothesis testing to multivariate analysis.
Organized into four distinct sections, Statistics in a Nutshell offers you:
- Introductory material:
- Different ways to think about statistics
- Basic concepts of measurement and probability theory
- Data management for statistical analysis
- Research design and experimental design
- How to critique statistics presented by others
- Basic concepts of inferential statistics
- The concept of correlation, when it is and is not an appropriate measure of association
- Dichotomous and categorical data
- The distinction between parametric and nonparametric statistics
- The General Linear Model
- Analysis of Variance (ANOVA) and MANOVA
- Multiple linear regression
- Business and quality improvement statistics
- Medical and public health statistics
- Educational and psychological statistics
Basic inferential statistics:
Advanced inferential techniques:
Unlike many introductory books on the subject, Statistics in a Nutshell doesn't omit important material in an effort to dumb it down. And this book is far more practical than most college texts, which tend to over-emphasize calculation without teaching you when and how to apply different statistical tests.
With Statistics in a Nutshell, you learn how to perform most common statistical analyses, and understand statistical techniques presented in research articles. If you need to know how to use a wide range of statistical techniques without getting in over your head, this is the book you want.
478 pages; ISBN 9781449397814
, or download in or
More from this author
Rewrite Right! 2011 US$ 9.99 200 pages
Discovering Statistics using IBM SPSS Statistics 2013 US$ 99.00 953 pages
GSEC GIAC Security Essentials Certification All-in-One Exam Guide 2013 US$ 60.00 634 pages
Bird by Bird 2007 US$ 11.99