Biology For Dummies
Ever wondered how the food you eat becomes the energy your body needs to keep going? The theory of evolution says that humans and chimps descended from a common ancestor, but does it tell us how and why? We humans are insatiably curious creatures who can't help wondering how things work — starting with our own bodies. Wouldn't it be great to have a single source of quick answers to all our questions about how living things work? Now there is.
From molecules to animals, cells to ecosystems, Biology For Dummies, 2nd Edition answers all your questions about how living things work.
- Written in plain English and packed with dozens of illustrations, quick-reference
- Cheat Sheets, and helpful tables and diagrams, it cuts right to the chase with fast-paced, easy-to-absorb explanations of the life processes common to all organisms.
- More than 20% new and updated content, including a substantial overhaul to the organization of topics to make it a friendly classroom supplement
- Coverage of the most recent developments and discoveries in evolutionary, reproductive, and ecological biology
- Includes practical, up-to-date examples
Whether you're currently enrolled in a biology class or just want to know more about this fascinating and ever-evolving field of study, this engaging guide will give you a grip on complex biology concepts and unlock the mysteries of how life works in no time.
384 pages; ISBN 9780470768365
, or download in or
Title: Biology For Dummies
Author: Rene Fester Kratz; Donna Rae Siegfried
People and Wildlife, Conflict or Co-existence? 2005 US$ 64.00 517 pages
The Sixth Extinction 2014 US$ 9.99 352 pages
Sapiens 2015 US$ 14.99 352 pages
An Introduction to the Global Circulation of the Atmosphere 2015 US$ 90.00 480 pages