Biology For Dummies
Ever wondered how the food you eat becomes the energy your bodyneeds to keep going? The theory of evolution says that humans andchimps descended from a common ancestor, but does it tell us howand why? We humans are insatiably curious creatures who can't helpwondering how things work — starting with our ownbodies. Wouldn't it be great to have a single source of quickanswers to all our questions about how living things work? Nowthere is.
From molecules to animals, cells to ecosystems, Biology ForDummies, 2nd Edition answers all your questions about howliving things work.
- Written in plain English and packed with dozens ofillustrations, quick-reference
- Cheat Sheets, and helpful tables and diagrams, it cuts right tothe chase with fast-paced, easy-to-absorb explanations of the lifeprocesses common to all organisms.
- More than 20% new and updated content, including a substantialoverhaul to the organization of topics to make it a friendlyclassroom supplement
- Coverage of the most recent developments and discoveries inevolutionary, reproductive, and ecological biology
- Includes practical, up-to-date examples
Whether you're currently enrolled in a biology class or justwant to know more about this fascinating and ever-evolving field ofstudy, this engaging guide will give you a grip on complex biologyconcepts and unlock the mysteries of how life works in no time.
384 pages; ISBN 9780470768365
, or download in or
Title: Biology For Dummies
Author: Rene Fester Kratz; Donna Rae Siegfried