The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Virtualism, Governance And Practice
Vision and Execution in Environmental Conservation
Many people investigating the operation of large-scale environmentalist organizations see signs of power, knowledge and governance in their policies and projects. This collection indicates that such an analysis appears to be justified from one perspective, but not from another. The chapters in this collection show that the critics, concerned with the power of these organizations to impose their policies in different parts of the world, appear justified when we look at environmentalist visions and at organizational policies and programs. However, they are much less justified when we look at the practical operation of such organizations and their ability to generate and carry out projects intended to reshape the world.
208 pages; ISBN 9781845459604
More from this author
- Academic > Environmental Sciences > Environmentalism. Green movement > Environmentalism
- Academic > Earth Sciences > Environmental sciences > Periodicals and societies
- Academic > Earth Sciences > Environmental sciences > Environmentalism, green movement
- Academic > Geography > Environmental sciences > Environmentalism. Green movement
- Academic > Environmental Sciences > Societies, etc
- Science > Geography
- Science > Environmental Science
- Social Science > Anthropology
- Nature > Environmental Conservation & Protection