The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Sleepless in America
Does your child
- Refuse to cooperate in the morning?
- Get into trouble for not listening?
- "Lose it" over seemingly insignificant issues?
- Seem to resist sleep?
An estimated 69 percent of American infants, children, and teens are sleep deprived. Studies have shown that sleep deficits can contribute to hyperactivity, distraction, forgetfulness, learning problems, illness, accidents, and disruptive behaviors. Often what our misbehaving kids really need isn't more "consequences" or more medication but more sleep.
Sleepless in America offers weary and frustrated parents a helping hand and an exciting new approach to managing challenging behaviors by integrating research on stress, sleep, and temperament with practical strategies and a five-step approach that enables parents to help their "tired and wired" children get the sleep they so desperately need.
352 pages; ISBN 9780061842924
Download in or
More from this author
- Academic > Health Sciences > Pediatrics > Diseases of children and adolescents > Mental disorders. Child psychiatry
- Academic > Health Sciences > Pediatrics > Examination. Diagnosis
- Family & Relationships > Parenting
- Family & Relationships > Child Care
- Family & Relationships > Pregnancy & Childbirth
- Health & Fitness