The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Handbook of African American Health
With a focus on how to improve the effectiveness and cultural competence of clinical services and research, this authoritative volume synthesizes current knowledge on both the physical and psychological health of African Americans today. In chapters that follow a consistent format for easy reference, leading scholars from a broad range of disciplines review risk and protective factors for specific health conditions and identify what works, what doesn't work, and what might work (i.e., practices requiring further research) in clinical practice with African Americans. Historical, sociocultural, and economic factors that affect the quality and utilization of health care services in African American communities are examined in depth. Evidence-based ways to draw on individual, family, and community strengths in prevention and treatment are highlighted throughout.
Winner--American Journal of Nursing Book of the Year Award
More from this author
- Interpersonal Violence in the African-American Community2006US$ 119.00
- Interpersonal Violence in the African-American Community2010US$ 94.99216 pages
More Social Science
- Academic > Health Sciences > Public aspects of medicine > Medicine and the state
- Academic > Health Sciences > Public aspects of medicine > Public health. Hygiene. Preventive medicine
- Medicine > Health Care Delivery
- Medicine > Public Health
- Medicine > Nursing
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Mental Health
- Social Science