The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Event Planning Ethics and Etiquette
A Principled Approach to the Business of Special Event Management
Beyond that, budgets are on the chopping block and competition for business is tight. In that environment, people often cut not just financial corners, but the ethical ones, too. There's a fine line between innocent perks and inappropriate gifts or kickbacks. Event planners today must navigate a minefield of potentially sticky situations that can easily blow up in their face. Without a professional code, lines of acceptable behavior are easily crossed. And what you do personally can hurt you professionally.
Event Planning Ethics and Etiquette provides event planners with the companion they need to stay out of trouble, keep professional relationships healthy and profitable, avoid the riskier temptations of the lifestyle, and win business in a highly competitive market using ethical business practices.
- Explains how to establish policies and codes of behavior, in the office and onsite at events.
- Offers guidelines on when it is acceptable to accept a gift, what is acceptable, and what is inappropriate.
- Shows how to prepare yourself, as well as your staff, for what to expect, and how to handle the unexpected with business finesse.
- Covers business etiquette in event planning crisis management situations.
- Helps you to avoid putting yourself and your company at personal and professional risk.
- Features real-life examples and situations, and advice on how to handle them with poise and professionalism.
- Includes a list of "Event Planning Do's and Don'ts."
320 pages; ISBN 9780470963760
, or download in or