The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
The Princeton Encyclopedia of the World Economy. (Two volume set)
Increasing economic globalization has made understanding the world economy more important than ever. From trade agreements to offshore outsourcing to foreign aid, this two-volume encyclopedia explains the key elements of the world economy and provides a first step to further research for students and scholars in public policy, international studies, business, and the broader social sciences, as well as for economic policy professionals.
Written by an international team of contributors, this comprehensive reference includes more than 300 up-to-date entries covering a wide range of topics in international trade, finance, production, and economic development. These topics include concepts and principles, models and theory, institutions and agreements, policies and instruments, analysis and tools, and sectors and special issues. Each entry includes cross-references and a list of sources for further reading and research. Complete with an index and a table of contents that groups entries by topic, The Princeton Encyclopedia of the World Economy is an essential resource for anyone who needs to better understand the global economy.
- More than 300 alphabetically arranged articles on topics in international trade, finance, production, and economic development
- International team of contributors
- Annotated list of further reading with each article
- Topical list of entries
- Full index and cross-references
Entry categories and sample topics:
- Concepts and principles: globalization, anti-globalization, fair trade, foreign direct investment, international migration, economic development, multinational enterprises
- Models and theory: Heckscher-Ohlin model, internalization theory, New Trade Theory, North-South trade, Triffin dilemma
- Institutions and agreements: European Union, International Monetary Fund, World Trade Organization, World Bank, Doha Round, international investment agreements
- Policies and instruments: dollar standard, international aid, sanctions, tariffs
- Analysis and tools: exchange rate forecasting, effective protection, monetary policy rules
- Sectors and special issues: child labor, corporate governance, the digital divide, health and globalization, illegal drugs trade, petroleum, steel
1328 pages; ISBN 9781400830404
, or download in or
More from this author
- An Introduction to International Economics2011US$ 58.00512 pages
- Exchange Rates, Currency Crisis and Monetary Cooperation in Asia2009US$ 115.00263 pages