In at the Deep End
Teachers working in Post Compulsory Education are recognised as being subject to a particularly acute set of pressures and challenges. These can include highly diverse and sometimes challenging student groups, trying to manage a complex curriculum which changes regularly and rapidly, and having to respond to the intense demands of inspection, quality assurance regimes and major government policies.
Now in its second edition, the highly regarded In at the Deep End: A Survival Guide for Teachers in Post-Compulsory Education will help you to manage the varied demands of teaching in PCE more effectively by offering friendly, professional advice and a range of teaching and learning activities which will help you become an effective, confident, committed and reflective teacher.
With a range of strategies, activities and spaces to reflect, this positive and practical ‘survival guide’ provides advice on:
• Meeting initial challenges, working positively with your students and handling challenging behaviour
• Accessing support, working with your local colleagues and a greater community of practice
• Using straightforward techniques to help you manage pressure and conflict
• Supporting skills for life, key skills and essential skills
• Making positive use of Information and Communications Technology to support learning
• Teaching your specialist subject
• Managing inspections, developing as a leader and becoming a ‘Reflective Practitioner’.
Lively and engaging, and built from the experience of many teachers across the last 30 years, this book will help all teachers overcome everyday problems and pressures to keep their ‘heads above water’, and become efficient, skilled professionals in the Post Compulsory Education workforce.
12 pages; ISBN 9781136928710
, or download in or
Title: In at the Deep End
Author: Jim Crawley
Biology for the IB Diploma 1753 US$ 47.00 415 pages
Leading Change Step-by-Step 2010 US$ 29.95 226 pages
The Common Core Companion: The Standards Decoded, Grades 3-5 2014 US$ 34.95 289 pages
Experience And Education 2007 US$ 8.73 96 pages