The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Sociology: The Basics
A lively, accessible and comprehensive introduction to the diverse ways of thinking about social life, Sociology: The Basics examines:
- the scope, history and purpose of sociology
- ways of understanding 'the social'
- the state of the world we live in today
- suffering and social inequalities
- key tools for researching and thinking about 'the social'
- the impact of new technologies.
The reader is encouraged to think critically about the structures, meanings, histories and cultures found in the rapidly changing world we live in. With tasks to stimulate the sociological mind and suggestions for further reading both within the text and on an accompanying webpage, this book is essential reading for all those studying sociology, and those with an interest in how the modern world works.
256 pages; ISBN 9781136943287
, or download in or