The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Development and Design of Heritage Sensitive Sites
Strategies for Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas
This is the first book to provide readers with the skills to assess development potential from a holistic standpoint. Until now, architectural books on conservation matters have focused on preservation at a strategic level and restoration at a technical level. This book offers the architect, developer or planner the rules and tools needed to gauge development prospects in an objective and comprehensive manner.
Written by an expert in the field it provides the reader with:
- the latest legislation relating to heritage in the UK
- insight into local planning authorities and government advisory boards
- basic strategies for approaching developments
- an understanding of the options available for developing a heritage site
- illustrative case studies to highlight strategy successes.
This book is a one-stop-shop for any professional or student working in, or learning about, development in heritage environments.
204 pages; ISBN 9781136948329
, or download in or
- Academic > Performing Arts > Theaters > Theaters > Theaters > By city and building A-Z
- Academic > Architecture, Landscape > Architecture > General
- Academic > Architecture, Landscape > Architecture > Architectural criticism
- Academic > Performing Arts > Theaters > Theaters > By city and building A-Z
- Academic > Visual Arts > Architecture
- Academic > Visual Arts > Architecture > General
- Academic > Visual Arts > Architecture > Architecture and the state
- Academic > Economics
- Architecture > Design & Drafting
- Architecture > Historic Preservation
- Technology > Engineering > Civil
- Social Science