Head First Excel
A learner's guide to spreadsheets
Do you use Excel for simple lists, but get confused and frustrated when it comes to actually doing something useful with all that data? Stop tearing your hair out: Head First Excel helps you painlessly move from spreadsheet dabbler to savvy user.
Whether you're completely new to Excel or an experienced user looking to make the program work better for you, this book will help you incorporate Excel into every aspect of your workflow, from a scratch pad for data-based brainstorming to exploratory analysis with PivotTables, optimizing outcomes with Goal Seek, and presenting your conclusions with sophisticated data visualizations.
- Organize and clearly present information in a spreadsheet
- Make calculations across a number of worksheets
- Change your point of view with sorting, zooming, and filtering
- Manipulate numerical data to extract and use just what you need
- Leverage Excel as a grid-based layout program
- Write formulas for optimal functionality
- Nest formulas for more complex operations
- Create sophisticated data visualizations with charts and graphs
- Use Goal Seek to optimize possible outcomes based on different assumptions
- Create summaries from large data sets for exploratory data analysis with PivotTables
We think your time is too valuable to waste struggling with new concepts. Using the latest research in cognitive science and learning theory to craft a multi-sensory learning experience, Head First Excel uses a visually rich format designed for the way your brain works, rather than a text-heavy approach that will put you to sleep.
, or download in or
Title: Head First Excel
Author: Michael Milton
QuickBooks 2015: The Best Guide for Small Business 2015 US$ 30.00 465 pages
Hadoop: The Definitive Guide 2012 US$ 39.99 688 pages