How to Write a Sentence
And How to Read One
Some appreciate fine art; others appreciate fine wines. Stanley Fish appreciates fine sentences. The New York Times columnist and world-class professor has long been an aficionado of language. Like a seasoned sportscaster, Fish marvels at the adeptness of finely crafted sentences and breaks them down into digestible morsels, giving readers an instant play-by-play.
In this entertaining and erudite gem, Fish offers both sentence craft and sentence pleasure, skills invaluable to any writer (or reader). How to Write a Sentence is both a spirited love letter to the written word and a key to understanding how great writing works; it is a book that will stand the test of time.
160 pages; ISBN 9780062006851
Title: How to Write a Sentence
Author: Stanley Fish
More Language Arts
- Academic > Languages and Linguistics > English > Anglo-Saxon. Old English
- Academic > Languages and Linguistics > English > Modern English
- Literary Criticism > Books & Reading
- Reference > Handbooks & Manuals
- Language Arts & Disciplines > Rhetoric
- Language Arts & Disciplines > Composition & Creative Writing