How to Write a Sentence
And How to Read One
“Like a long periodic sentence, this book rumbles along, gathers steam, shifts gears, and packs a wallop.”
—Roy Blount Jr.
“Language lovers will flock to this homage to great writing.”
Outspoken New York Times columnist Stanley Fish offers an entertaining, erudite analysis of language and rhetoric in this delightful celebration of the written word. Drawing on a wide range of great writers, from Philip Roth to Antonin Scalia to Jane Austen and beyond, Fish’s How to Write a Sentence is much more than a writing manual—it is a penetrating exploration into the art and craft of sentences.
160 pages; ISBN 9780062006851
Title: How to Write a Sentence
Author: Stanley Fish
More Language Arts
- Academic > Languages and Linguistics > English > Anglo-Saxon. Old English
- Academic > Languages and Linguistics > English > Modern English
- Literary Criticism > Books & Reading
- Reference > Handbooks & Manuals
- Language Arts & Disciplines > Rhetoric
- Language Arts & Disciplines > Composition & Creative Writing