The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Guiding the Behaviour of Children and Young People: Linking Theory and Practice 0–18 Years
Guiding the Behaviour of Children and Young People offers practical ideas on positive approaches across childhood and adolescence, across a full age range of 018 years. The book provides the theory and concepts behind these ideas to ensure readers develop a thoughtful approach to the issues surrounding behaviour. Key areas of coverage in this resource include:
· Theories, concepts and their practical application
· Focus on the perspective of children and young people
· The adult role in guiding children's behaviour
· The central importance of attachment and sustained relationships
· Behaviour choices within a social and cultural context
· Key issues in guiding behaviour and reflective practice
· The value of open-ended observation and careful interpretation
· Behaviour that poses particular difficulties
· Cooperation and partnership between the grown-ups.
This book is suitable for both those working directly with the age group and for team leaders, advisors and tutors. The content and approach will also be very supportive for students working towards child care qualifications at levels 3 and 4, and for experienced practitioners involved in advanced study for the different kinds of Foundation degrees, and also Early Childhood Studies degrees.
A key feature of this book is that it encompasses the different settings in which children and young people spend their time. Readers will find the common strands, as well as special features, of daily life in early years provision, primary and secondary school, playwork settings, youth work and family life.
280 pages; ISBN 9781444120417
, or download in
More from this author
- Understanding Child Development: 0-8 Years: Linking Theory and Practice2012US$ 42.95267 pages
- Too Safe For Their Own Good?2011US$ 18.0092 pages
More Language Arts
English Language and Literature for the IB Diploma 2011 US$ 34.00 250 pages
The Small Business Guide to Online Marketing 2012 US$ 6.57
Through the Language Glass 2010 US$ 9.99 320 pages
The Only Grammar and Style Workbook You'll Ever Need 2012 US$ 6.50 256 pages