Medical Pharmacology at a Glance
Each bite-sized chapter is covered in a double-page spread with colour summary diagrams on the left page and explanatory text on the right. Covering a wide range of topics, books in the at a Glance series are ideal as introductory subject texts or for revision purposes, and are useful throughout medical school and beyond.
Everything you need to know about Medical Pharmacology...at a Glance!
Following the familiar, easy-to-use at a Glance format, and in full-colour, Medical Pharmacology at a Glance is an accessible introduction and revision text for medical students. Reflecting changes to the content and assessment methods used by medical schools, this at a Glance provides a user-friendly overview of medical pharmacology to encapsulate all that the student needs to know.
Medical Pharmacology at a Glance:
- Addresses the key principles of medical pharmacology that are central to medicine
- Contains full-colour artwork throughout, making the subject easy to understand
- Presents schematic diagrams on the left page and concise explanations on the right
- Contains 10 self-assessment cases
- Explains the mechanisms involved in pharmacological processes and covers the mode of action and effects of drugs in clinical medicine
- Discusses the mechanisms of action of each drug, indicating the therapeutics of choice for specific conditions
- Covers basic principles of drug action; drug-receptor interactions; drug absorption, distribution and excretion; drug metabolism; how drugs act on specific body systems; and how drugs are used in a variety of common complaints
- Includes the latest changes in pharmacology and the British Pharmacological Society Core Curriculum
This book is an invaluable resource for all medical students just starting their study of medical pharmacology and for those approaching finals, for pharmacology students, junior doctors and residents.
120 pages; ISBN 9781444327236
, or download in
Title: Medical Pharmacology at a Glance
Author: Michael J. Neal
Stahl's Illustrated Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder 2009 US$ 40.00 168 pages
Human Growth and Development 2010 US$ 64.00 233 pages