The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
An Introduction to Music Technology
An Introduction to Music Technology provides a clear and concise overview of the essential elements of music technology for today’s musician. It is designed to provide music students with the background necessary to apply technology in their creating, teaching, and performing.
This book focuses on five topics that underlie the hardware and software in use today: Sound, Audio, MIDI, Synthesis and Sampling, and Computer Notation and Computer-Assisted Instruction. In addition, there is an appendix that covers necessary computer hardware and software concepts.
- Thorough explanations of key topics in music technology
- Content applicable to all software and hardware, not linked to just one piece of software or gear
- In-depth discussion of digital audio topics, such as sampling rates, resolutions, and file formats
- Explanations of standard audio plug-ins including dynamics processors, EQs, and delay-based effects
- Coverage of synthesis and sampling in software instruments
- Pedagogical features, including:
Further Reading sections that allow the student to delve deeper into topics of interest
– Suggested Activities that can be carried out with a variety of different programs
– Key Terms at the end of each chapter
– What do I need? chapters covering the types of hardware and software needed in order to put together Audio and MIDI systems
– The companion website contains links to audio examples that demonstrate various concepts, step-by-step tutorials, relevant hardware, software, and additional audio and video resources.
400 pages; ISBN 9781136955884
, or download in or