The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Land of the Thunder Dragon
In Bhutan, progress is measured in terms of Gross National Happiness” and Thimphu, the capital city, has no traffic lights. This mesmerizing book captures the beauties of this remote kingdom, the only independent country to support Buddhism as the official state religion. Readers are transported to ancient fortresses and temples, colorful festivals, and religious ceremonies, as well as to isolated communities along the roof of the world. Featuring photographs taken over the course of three years, the book guides readers through areas normally off-limits to Western visitors, and encompasses a wide range of landscape, portrait, and editorial photographs.
- Academic > History > History of Asia > India (Bharat) > Local history and description
- Academic > History > History of Asia > Middle East. Southwestern Asia. Ancient Orient. Arab East. Near East
- Academic > History > History of Asia > Bhutan
- Academic > Sociology > Culture
- Travel > Asia > India
- Photography > Travel
- History > India and Subcontinent