Genetic Algorithms and Genetic Programming
Modern Concepts and Practical Applications
Genetic Algorithms and Genetic Programming: Modern Concepts and Practical Applications discusses algorithmic developments in the context of genetic algorithms (GAs) and genetic programming (GP). It applies the algorithms to significant combinatorial optimization problems and describes structure identification using HeuristicLab as a platform for algorithm development.
The book focuses on both theoretical and empirical aspects. The theoretical sections explore the important and characteristic properties of the basic GA as well as main characteristics of the selected algorithmic extensions developed by the authors. In the empirical parts of the text, the authors apply GAs to two combinatorial optimization problems: the traveling salesman and capacitated vehicle routing problems. To highlight the properties of the algorithmic measures in the field of GP, they analyze GP-based nonlinear structure identification applied to time series and classification problems.
Written by core members of the HeuristicLab team, this book provides a better understanding of the basic workflow of GAs and GP, encouraging readers to establish new bionic, problem-independent theoretical concepts. By comparing the results of standard GA and GP implementation with several algorithmic extensions, it also shows how to substantially increase achievable solution quality.
394 pages; ISBN 9781420011326
, or download in
Title: Genetic Algorithms and Genetic Programming
Author: Michael Affenzeller; Stefan Wagner; Stephan Winkler; Andreas Beham
Java For Everyone 2012 US$ 52.00 831 pages
- Academic > Mathematics > General > Logic, Symbolic and mathematical
- Academic > Mathematics > Instruments and machines
- Academic > Mathematics > Analytic mechanics
- Academic > Logic > Combinatory logic
- Academic > Logic > Algorithms; Congresses
- Computers > Programming > Algorithms
- Computers > Database Management > Data Mining
- Mathematics > Number Systems
- Computers > Data Modeling & Design
- Computers > Information Technology