The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Semi-Field Methods for the Environmental Risk Assessment of Pesticides in Soil
Based on discussions at the 2007 SETAC Europe PERAS Workshop in Coimbra, Semi-Field Methods for the Environmental Risk Assessment of Pesticides in Soil presents a timely summary of state-of-the-art higher-tier terrestrial risk assessment of plant protection products (PPPs). Influential regulators, academics, and industry scientists provide a comprehensive, science-based view to guide regulatory authorities and manufacturers in assessing the higher-tier terrestrial risks of PPPs in the environment.
The book includes a clear description of how to perform a higher-tier terrestrial risk assessment and provides a single reference on the subject. It examines various types of semi-field methods for soil assessment, including the use of terrestrial model ecosystems for pesticide risk assessment. In addition, the text also explores legislative and regulatory issues and offers technical recommendations. The book provides guidance on how to assess the soil risks of pesticides in the environment and explains how to use semi-field methods to access how pesticides may lead to spatial and temporal changes in soil biological communities and the larger agricultural landscape.
144 pages; ISBN 9781439859810
, or download in or
More from this author
- Extrapolation Practice for Ecotoxicological Effect Characterization of Chemicals2008US$ 159.95410 pages
- Aquatic Macrophyte Risk Assessment for Pesticides2009US$ 146.95162 pages
- Academic > Earth Sciences > Environmental technology. Sanitary engineering > Water supply for domestic and industrial purposes > Water purification. Water treatment and conditioning. Saline water conversion > Special types of environment Including soil pollution, air pollution, noise pollution
- Academic > Engineering > Sanitary engineering > Special types of environment, Including soil pollution, air pollution, noise pollution
- Academic > Environmental Sciences > Environmental sampling
- Academic > Agriculture > Agricultural chemistry. Agricultural chemicals
- Science > Biology
- Science > Environmental Science
- Technology > Agriculture
- Technology > Environmental Engineering & Technology