Field Guide to Rivers of North America
Based on the comprehensive, award-winning book Rivers of North America, the new Field Guide to Rivers of North America describes 200 of North America’s most significant rivers in a reader-friendly, concise format. The guide is organized by geographic regions - each section begins with a map showing the relationship of rivers within one territory and a summary of the region’s most important elements. Each individual river summary includes a two-page spread with a basin map, a full-color photograph and key river characteristics.
The compact format of this guide will be particularly useful to scientists carrying out field research in areas such as field ecology, entomology, botany. It is an easy-to-use reference that can easily be packed away with other scientific gear.
Anglers and recreational boating enthusiasts will find a wealth of information on river topography, native and nonnative fish species, as well as average temperatures that will help them plan their next adventure.
The only field guide to cover this broad geographic area. Each river features:
- Color topographic river basin map
- Color photograph
- Precipitation graph
- Vital physical and biological statistics
472 pages; ISBN 9780123785770
, or download in or
Title: Field Guide to Rivers of North America
Author: Arthur C. Benke; Colbert E. Cushing
Commercializing Successful Biomedical Technologies 2008 US$ 44.00 360 pages
Electronics All-in-One For Dummies 2013 US$ 39.99 843 pages
- Academic > Earth Sciences > Environmental technology. Sanitary engineering > Water supply for domestic and industrial purposes > Water purification. Water treatment and conditioning. Saline water conversion > Physical geography, United States
- Academic > Geography > Physical geography > Hydrology. Water > Ground and surface waters > Rivers. Stream measurements
- Academic > Geography > Physical geography > Geomorphology. Landforms. Terrain > Other natural landforms: Floodplains, caves, deserts, dunes, etc.
- Academic > Physical Geography > Rivers. Stream measurements > Rivers, North America
- Science > Ecology
- Science > Environmental Science
- Technology > Hydrology