The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
A Theology of Christian Counseling
More Than Redemption
(If any tax is payable it will be calculated and shown at checkout.)
A Theology of Christian Counseling connects biblical doctrine with practical living. Salvation, that central concern of Protestant theology, is often too narrowly defined. It is thought of as “being saved from the consequences of sin.” But God is doing much more. He is making something new out of the old sinful nature. He is, in Christ, making new creatures. “No counseling system that is based on some other foundation can begin to offer what Christian counseling offers. . . . No matter what the problem is, no matter how greatly sin has abounded, the Christian counselor’s stance is struck by the far-more-abounding nature of the grace of Jesus Christ in redemption. What a difference this makes in counseling!” In this book the reader will gain an insight into the rich theological framework that supports and directs a biblical approach to counseling. And the connection between solid theology and practical application will become compelling. This book is one-of-a-kind.
Zondervan; August 2010
- Academic > Religion > Abrahamic Religions > Christianity > Practical Theology > Pastoral theology
- Academic > Divinity and Practical Theology > Pastoral theology > Pastoral psychology
- Academic > Divinity and Practical Theology > Pastoral theology > Pastoral counseling
- Academic > Divinity and Practical Theology > Times and seasons. The Church year > Advent; Prayers and devotions
- Academic > Divinity and Practical Theology > Hymnology
- Academic > Divinity and Practical Theology > Hymn books in English
- Religion > Christianity > Pastoral Ministry
- Religion > Christianity > Pastoral Counseling
- Religion > Theology