Into the Storm
Violent Tornadoes, Killer Hurricanes, and Death-Defying Adventures in Extreme We ather
Only one in ten chases actually intercept a tornado-unless you're Reed Timmer. The thrill-seeking meteorologist and star of Storm Chasers has followed and faced down more violent tornadoes than anyone. Into the Storm brings readers into the mind of this man and his mission-collecting data that could save lives-in the terrifying, awe-inspiring world of big weather.
Into the Storm is also a fascinating look at the science of weather-what causes extreme conditions, its connection to climate change, and how a tornado gets its stovepipe structure.
, or download in
Title: Into the Storm
Author: Reed Timmer; Andrew Tilin
- Academic > Physics > Meteorology. Climatology > Storms
- Academic > Physics > Meteorology. Climatology > Storms; Miscellanea
- Academic > Physics > Weights and measures > Metric system; Conversion tables
- Science > Environmental Science
- Biography & Autobiography > Science & Technology
- Nature > Weather
- Nature > Natural Disasters