Goldfrank's Toxicologic Emergencies, Ninth Edition
The most trusted, rigorous, and up-to-date toxicology resource and educational companion available – now in full color
Goldfrank’s Toxicologic Emergencies continues to be the source you can turn to first for any poisoning or overdose. The text provides clear information on every aspect of toxicologic emergencies, from pharmacology to clinical presentation to management.
Fully referenced and featuring a consistent organization, Goldfrank’s begins with an in-depth examination of general principles of medical toxicology. It then progresses to the biochemical principles and molecular basis of toxicology, and provides detailed insight into how xenobiotics affect vital signs, organs, and systems throughout the body. Next, a wide spectrum of clinically important exposures -- including drugs, plants, metals, household products, occupational and environmental xenobiotics are covered within logical categories for easy access to information. Finally, the book concludes with sections on principles of practicing clinical toxicology in today’s challenging healthcare environment.
NEW TO THIS EDITION
- Full-color design and uniformly drawn figures clarify key concepts
- Special Considerations focus on decision-making in unique toxicologic circumstances, that influence clinical practice and have the potential to improve patient care
- Antidotes in Depth, following pertinent chapters, place each antidote in its proper context to ensure immediate availability of essential information relevant for clinical use
- More clinically-relevant figures and quick-reference tables
- Online learning center, available at www.goldfrankstoxicology.com, includes case studies, and a database of multiple choice questions that allow you to create a custom test for review and study.
- Every chapter is thoroughly rewritten and new chapters are added to reflect the very latest thinking in the field
Here's why Goldfrank's is known worldwide as the field's leading text:
General Approach to Medical Toxicology; The Biochemical and Molecular Basis of Medical Toxicology; The Pathophysiologic Basis of Medical; Toxicology: The Organ System Approach; The Clinical Basis of Medical Toxicology: Analgesics and Nonprescription Medications; Prescription Medications Psychopharmacologic Medications; Alcohols and Drugs of Abuse; Food Poisoning; Botanicals; Heavy Metals; Household Toxins; Pesticides; Occupational and Environmental Toxins; Toxic Envenomations; V. Special Populations; Preventive, Psychosocial, Nursing, Epidemiologic, Research & Legal Perspectives.
Title: Goldfrank's Toxicologic Emergencies, Ninth Edition
Author: Lewis S. Nelson; Neal A. Lewin; Mary Ann Howland; Robert S. Hoffman; Lewis R. Goldfrank; Neal E. Flomenbaum
Rules and Guidance for Pharmaceutical Manufacturers and Distributors (Orange Guide) 2015 2015 US$ 98.50 673 pages
Reengineering Health Care 2010 US$ 26.99 241 pages