The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Deja Review Physiology, Second Edition
This high-yield, rapid-fire Q&A book is written by students for students to help first and second year medical students review physiology for their course exams as well as prepare for the USMLE Step 1.
About the Book
The Deja Review series helps you "Remember what you already know"; the flashcard format helps medical students recall the most important, must-know facts and concepts covered in their course work for physiology. This rapid-fire question & answer review book allows students to quickly navigate through the information needed for their course exams and USMLE Step 1. Active recall questions reinforce correct answers to enhance learning - not just passive memorization. Physiology is a required course in many medical schools, and heavily covered on USMLE Step 1.
Mnemonics and keywords sprinkled throughout the text facilitate focus on core facts, while clinical vignettes at the end of each chapter allow students to reflect on the topic they have just read.
This book will publish with seven other basic science books in the Deja Review series, along with USMLE Step1 and USMLE Step 2 review books for a total of 10 new editions in Fall 2010.
In-Store Date: 7/1/2010
Pub Month: July 2010
- Rapid Recall Q and A format simulates flashcards in a book.
- Keywords and mnemonics highlighted throughout the text.
- NEW figures.
- Expanded chapter on Reproductive Physiology
- Clinical vignette review questions at the end of each chapter.
- Contributions by med students who aced the USMLE.
- Two column format allows for “flashcard” use of Q&A
- USMLE-format vignettes at the end of each chapter provide review of material covered in a clinical presentation.
- Clinical correlations of basic science throughout the text help students prepare for course work and board exams.
- Content complements other review material and works in conjunction with other larger course books.
- Portable size for use on the go
- Chapters written by med students ensures the most up-to-date coverage of content actually covered on course exam and USMLE
Market / Audience
Primary Market: First and second year US and Canadian medical students preparing for USMLE Step 1: 17,000
Secondary Market: International MD USMLE Step 1 test-takers: 16,000
DO Students USMLE Step 1 test-takers: 1,500
About the Authors
Reviews "I think this book would be great for USMLE review as well as Physiology course work…I think this book did a great job putting the right amount of details to help students prepare for the course exams as well as the USMLE." -- Sheree Perron, EVMS, M2
280 pages; ISBN 9780071639293
, or download in or
CURRENT Practice Guidelines in Primary Care 2014 2014 US$ 20.00 483 pages
Prescriber's Guide 2014 US$ 72.00 826 pages