The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Parental Involvement and Academic Success
Providing an objective assessment of the influence of parental involvement and what aspects of parental participation can best maximize the educational outcomes of students, this volume is structured to guide readers to a thorough understanding of the history, practice, theories, and impact of parental involvement. Cutting-edge research and meta-analyses offer vital insight into how different types of students benefit from parental engagement and what types of parental involvement help the most.
Unique among works on the topic, Parental Involvement and Academic Success:
- uses meta-analysis to enable readers to understand what the overall body of research on a given topic indicates
- examines research results in terms of their practical implications
- focuses significantly on the influence of parental involvement on minority students’ academic success
Important reading for anyone involved in home-school relations/parental involvement in education, this book is highly relevant for courses devoted to or which include treatment of the topic.
228 pages; ISBN 9781136912863
, or download in or
More from this author
- International Handbook of Protestant Education2012US$ 349.00706 pages
- Divorce Family Structure and the Academic Success of Children2012US$ 49.95228 pages
Understanding by Design, Expanded 2nd Edition 2005 US$ 32.95 383 pages
Energizing Brain Breaks 2013 US$ 19.95 65 pages