Spellman's Standard Handbook for Wastewater Operators
Volume III, Advanced Level, Second Edition
Compact and practical, Spellman's Standard Handbook for Wastewater Operators: Volume III, Advanced Level, Second Edition rounds out the revision of this three-volume set. Together, these three volumes prepare operators to obtain licensure and operate wastewater treatment plants properly. This volume presents applied math and chemistry by way of real-world problems, covers equipment maintenance, and explains apparatus used in the laboratory and in the field.
The third and final volume in the handbook features:
- Updated information on the latest technology
- Revised and restructured table of contents
- Updated problems, examples, and figures
The three volumes are designed to build on each other, providing increasingly advanced information. For persons preparing for operator's licensing, this is critical, because wastewater treatment is a complex process. For licensed veteran operators, continuous review is also critical, because wastewater treatment is a dynamic, ever-changing field. Spellman's Standard Handbooks provide the vehicle for reaching these goals.
Treating wastewater successfully demands technical expertise, experience, and a broad range of available technologies — an operator needs to be a generalist — as well as an appreciation and understanding of the fundamental environmental and health reasons for the process involved — an operator also needs to be a specialist. Filling its mission to enhance the understanding, awareness, and abilities of practicing and future operators, this volume provides the vehicle for the continuous learning and reviewing required by the evolving, dynamic, and complex process of water treatment.
364 pages; ISBN 9781439818893
, or download in
Title: Spellman's Standard Handbook for Wastewater Operators
Author: Frank R. Spellman
The SPEED of Trust 2006 US$ 12.99 384 pages
A Gentle Introduction to Optimization 2014 US$ 32.00 284 pages
- Academic > Earth Sciences > Environmental technology. Sanitary engineering > Water supply for domestic and industrial purposes > Water purification. Water treatment and conditioning. Saline water conversion > Sewage collection and disposal systems. Sewerage
- Academic > Engineering > Environmental technology
- Science > Environmental Science
- Technology > Environmental Engineering & Technology
- Business > Industries