The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Sustainable Home Refurbishment
The Earthscan Expert Guide to Retrofitting Homes for Efficiency
A retro-fit offers many benefits: cutting electricity and heating bills, increasing the resale value of homes, slashing carbon emissions and creating a healthier place to live. This book is the guide to making it happen. It looks at:
- draught-proofing, insulation and damp
- ventilation, heating and cooling
- electrical efficiency and renewable energy
- water use and re-use
- materials' life cycles and incorporating nature
- protection from climate change impacts - modelling energy flows and embodied energy
- how we can meet the need to cut carbon emissions from dwellings by eighty percent by 2050.
Projects can apply to apartment blocks, recent builds and older, solid-walled properties. Enlivened with helpful diagrams and photographs, plus plenty of pointers for further information, it provides a comprehensive resource handbook for any building professional and contractor, students – or any homeowner serious about efficiency (cash and carbon) savings.
256 pages; ISBN 9781136531514
, or download in or
Title: Sustainable Home Refurbishment
Author: David Thorpe
How the World Sees You 2014 US$ 16.99 256 pages
The Essential Financial Toolkit 2010 US$ 46.00 195 pages