The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Methods in Medical Informatics
Fundamentals of Healthcare Programming in Perl, Python, and Ruby
Too often, healthcare workers are led to believe that medical informatics is a complex field that can only be mastered by teams of professional programmers. This is simply not the case. With just a few dozen simple algorithms, easily implemented with open source programming languages, you can fully utilize the medical information contained in clinical and research datasets. The common computational tasks of medical informatics are accessible to anyone willing to learn the basics.
Methods in Medical Informatics: Fundamentals of Healthcare Programming in Perl, Python, and Ruby demonstrates that biomedical professionals with fundamental programming knowledge can master any kind of data collection. Providing you with access to data, nomenclatures, and programming scripts and languages that are all free and publicly available, this book —
- Describes the structure of data sources used, with instructions for downloading
- Includes a clearly written explanation of each algorithm
- Offers equivalent scripts in Perl, Python, and Ruby, for each algorithm
- Shows how to write short, quickly learned scripts, using a minimal selection of commands
- Teaches basic informatics methods for retrieving, organizing, merging, and analyzing data sources
- Provides case studies that detail the kinds of questions that biomedical scientists can ask and answer with public data and an open source programming language
Requiring no more than a working knowledge of Perl, Python, or Ruby, Methods in Medical Informatics will have you writing powerful programs in just a few minutes. Within its chapters, you will find descriptions of the basic methods and implementations needed to complete many of the projects you will encounter in your biomedical career.
402 pages; ISBN 9781439841846
, or download in
The Ice Palace That Melted Away 2013 US$ 14.99 192 pages
The Future of the Mind 2014 US$ 12.99 352 pages