The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Technologies and Strategies of the Ubiquitous Data Center
Modern computing is no longer about devices but is all about providing services, a natural progression that both consumers and enterprises are eager to embrace. As it can deliver those services, efficiently and with quality, at compelling price levels, cloud computing is with us to stay. Ubiquitously and quite definitively, cloud computing is answering the demand for sophisticated, flexible services
Cloud Computing: Technologies and Strategies of the Ubiquitous Data Center looks at cloud computing from an IT manager’s perspective. It answers basic as well as strategic questions from both a business and a technical perspective so that you can confidently engage both IT and financial assets in making your organization techno- savvy, efficient, and competitive.
Any answers about the future of computing are definitely in the cloud
The first section of the book offers up a history of the computing roots that have evolved into cloud computing. It looks at how IT has been traditionally serving needs and how cloud computing improves and expands on these services, so you can strategize about how a cloud might provide solutions to specific IT questions or answer business needs.
Next, the book shows how to begin the process of determining which organizational needs would best be served and improved by cloud computing. Presenting specific cases as examples, the book walks you through issues that your organization might likely encounter. Written clearly and succinctly, it --
- Introduces you to the concepts behind different types of clouds, including those used for storage, those that improve processor and application delivery, and those that mix any and all of these services
- Covers typical concerns you will hear with regard to such issues as security, application integration, and structural limitations
- Looks at the future of the cloud, from developments on the horizon to those still in the planning stage
By the book’s conclusion, you will have a solid basis on which to initiate strategic discussions about deploying clouds in your organization. You will understand how cloud computing can affordably solve real problems. You will know which strategies to use and you will learn of the pitfalls to avoid when taking your data center to the clouds.
Throughout this book are the answers you need to the many questions from the most basic to the more advanced surrounding cloud computing and its place in your enterprise.
What exactly is cloud computing?
How are clouds different than virtualization?
Should my organization use a cloud (or multiple clouds)?
Can clouds and virtualization play significant roles in my organization at the same time?
Covering the basics of virtualization and clusters and the more advanced strategic considerations of security and return on investment, this book will be your guide to IT’s present and future in the cloud, a resource that you will continually turn to.
Coming soon! For more information, Professional Cloud Computing, at www.professionalcloudcomputing.com, will help you find information to delve more deeply into the discussion in any of a number of directions.
289 pages; ISBN 9781439806173
, or download in
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer science
- Academic > Computer Science > Electronic data processing
- Academic > Computer Science > Electronic digital computers
- Academic > Computer Science > Mobile computing
- Academic > Computer Science > Ubiquitous computing
- Computers > Internet > World Wide Web
- Computers > Internet > Web Site Directories
- Computers > Information Technology
- Computers > Networking
- Business > Urban & Regional
- Business > Production & Operations Management