The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Bullying and Harassment in the Workplace
Developments in Theory, Research, and Practice, Second Edition
Previously titled Bullying and Emotional Abuse in the Workplace: International Perspectives in Research and Practice, the first edition of this bestselling resource quickly became a benchmark and highly cited source of knowledge for this burgeoning field. Renamed to more accurately reflect the maturing of the discipline, Bullying and Harassment in the Workplace: Developments in Theory, Research, and Practice, Second Edition provides a much-needed update of the original work. Edited by leading experts and presenting contributions from pioneers in their respective subject areas, the book is an up-to-date research-based resource on key aspects of workplace bullying and its remediation.
New chapters include:
- Rehabilitation and Treatment of Victims of Bullying
- Interventions for the Prevention and Management of Workplace Bullying
- Bullying and Discrimination
- An Industrial Relation Perspective on Workplace Bullying
- Investigating Complaints of workplace bullying
- Whistleblowing and Workplace bullying
- How to Measure Exposure to Workplace Bullying in Surveys
Extensively Revised Chapters include:
- Perspectives on hostile behaviors and Workplace bullying
- Empirical Findings on Bullying at Work
- Organizational Antecedents of Bullying
- Organizational effects of workplace bullying
- Counseling targets of bullying
- Bullying and the Law
The book presents a comprehensive review of the literature, the empirical findings, the theoretical developments, and the experience and advice of leading international academics and practitioners. It examines the concept of bullying and harassment at work and its measurement, documenting the existence and consequences of the problem. The book explores a variety of explanatory models and presents available empirical evidence that sheds light on where, when, and why bullying develops. It contains a wide range of contributions on the possible remedies for prevention and minimization of the problem for management when it occurs, and for healing the wounds and scars it may have left on those exposed.
514 pages; ISBN 9781439804902
, or download in