Fundamentals of Grid Computing
Theory, Algorithms and Technologies
The integration and convergence of state-of-the-art technologies in the grid have enabled more flexible, automatic, and complex grid services to fulfill industrial and commercial needs, from the LHC at CERN to meteorological forecasting systems. Fundamentals of Grid Computing: Theory, Algorithms and Technologies discusses how the novel technologies of semantic web and workflow have been integrated into the grid and grid services.
The book explains how distributed mutual exclusion algorithms offer solutions to transmission and control processes. It also addresses the replication problem in data grids with limited replica storage and the problem of data management in grids. After comparing utility, grid, autonomic, and cloud computing, the book presents efficient solutions for the reliable execution of applications in computational grid platforms. It then describes a fault tolerant distributed scheduling algorithm for large-scale distributed applications, along with broadcasting algorithms for institutional grids. The final chapter shows how load balancing is integrated into a real-world scientific application.
Helping readers develop practical skills in grid technology, the appendices introduce user-friendly open source software written in Java. One of the software packages covers strategies for data replication in the grid. The other deals with the implementation of a simulator for distributed scheduling in grid environments.
The various technology presented in this book demonstrates the wide aspects of interest in grid computing as well as the many possibilities and venues that exist in this research area. This interest will only further evolve as numerous exciting developments still await us.
323 pages; ISBN 9781439803684
, or download in
Title: Fundamentals of Grid Computing
Author: Frederic Magoules
CompTIA Network+ Study Guide 2015 US$ 49.99 960 pages
New Digital Storytelling, The: Creating Narratives with New Media 2011 US$ 49.00 296 pages
CompTIA A+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide, 8th Edition (Exams 220-801 & 220-802) 2012 US$ 60.00 1664 pages
Mastering HTML5 Forms 2013 US$ 17.99 148 pages
- Academic > Mathematics > General > Mathematics
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer science
- Academic > Computer Science > Electronic data processing
- Academic > Computer Science > Computers - special aspects
- Academic > Computer Science > System design; Periodicals
- Academic > Computer Science > Computational grids (Computer systems)
- Academic > Mathematics > Instruments and machines
- Academic > Mathematics > Geometry. Trigonometry.Topology
- Computers > Programming > Algorithms
- Mathematics > Number Systems
- Computers > Data Modeling & Design
- Computers > Client-Server Computing
- Computers > Hardware