The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Scrum Project Management
Originally created for agile software development, scrum provides project managers with the flexibility needed to meet ever-changing consumer demands. Presenting a modified version of the agile software development framework, Scrum Project Management introduces Scrum basics and explains how to apply this adaptive technique to effectively manage a wide range of programs and complex projects.
The book provides proven planning methods for controlling project scope and ensuring your project stays on schedule. It includes scrum tracking methods to help your team maintain a focus on improving throughput and streamlining communications. It also demonstrates how to:
- Combine traditional project management methods with scrum
- Adapt the familiar work breakdown structure to create scrum backlogs and sprints
- Use a scrum of scrums to manage programs
- Apply earned value management, critical path, and PERT in the context of scrum
Having successfully deployed and implemented scrum across multiple companies and departments, the authors provide valuable insight into how they achieved their past successes and how they overcame the trials involved with the deployment of a scrum environment. Throughout the text they discuss improvisation, creative problem solving, and emergent phenomena—detailing the methods needed to ensure your team achieves project success.
196 pages; ISBN 9781439825174
, or download in
More from this author
- Project Management of Complex and Embedded Systems2008US$ 99.95386 pages
- Testing Complex and Embedded Systems2011US$ 99.95316 pages