Presentation Skills for Technical Professionals
Expert advice for technical professionals looking to improve their presentation skills
Your technical skills and professional expertise are evidence of your ability to accomplish difficult tasks. Strong presentation skills can help you further advance your career. The ability to present articulately to customers, management, peers and others can significantly enhance your credibility, clout, and professional status. Delivering presentations at work or professional events is an unbeatable way to gain a reputation as a valued employee and an expert in your field.
If you have ever tried to get out of giving a presentation because of nerves, or if you feel there is room for improvement in your presentation techniques, then Presentation Skills for Technical Professionals is for you.
This book gives you invaluable tips on how to make your presentation clear and accessible, how to interact with your audience and how to retain their interest while keeping your anxiety under control. Naomi Karten has used her vast experience — both positive and negative — on the front lines of public speaking to provide key advice (and many chuckles!) in this engrossing read for the technical professional.
By following the advice contained this book, you can take the stress out of the exercise and start delivering presentations that will engage your audience and make your ideas and arguments memorable.
Read this book and ...
- Make your presentation easy to absorb. This book shows you how to structure your information and ideas to ensure you communicate your message to your audience.
- Learn the pitfalls to avoid. However much time you have put into preparing the presentation, if you irritate your audience you can ruin all your hard work. This book reminds you of the bad habits, like mumbling or speaking in clichés, which you need to avoid if you want to make a good impression.
- Use PowerPoint effectively. Presentations are often let down by slides which are dull or cluttered. Over-reliance on PowerPoint can mean that the slides become the focal point of the presentation, instead of helping to make what you are saying easier to grasp. This book shows you how to make intelligent use of PowerPoint. Presenting text in small chunks and using a readable type size are two simple ways to keep your audience listening.
- Deliver successful presentations to managers and customers. Different audiences require different approaches. This book contains essential advice on how to deliver presentations both to high-ranking executives and to customers. Get to the point, and satisfy your superiors. Speak the customer’s own language, and you are more likely to make the sale.
226 pages; ISBN 9781849280747
, or download in
Title: Presentation Skills for Technical Professionals
Author: Naomi Karten
- Academic > Business and Commerce > Business and Commerce > Business communication
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer science; Vocational guidance
- Academic > Business and Commerce > Business
- Academic > Economics > Commerce
- Business > Business Communication > Meetings & Presentations
- Business > Industries > Computer Industry
- Business > Management