The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
McDonaldisation, Masala McGospel and Om Economics
Televangelism in Contemporary India
The author seeks to understand the outworking of the American phenomenon of televangelism in India in a new historical, cultural, religious, political and economic setting. He likens global televangelism to McDonaldisation because of its standardised, one size fits all approach. Glocal televangelismthe fusion of the American and Indian evangelismis referred to as Masala McGospel because of the overwhelming presence of the global, American grammar and logic in the presentation and style of these programmes in India. The author then goes on to show how a disjunction is being created in Hindu televangelism because of such blending of American techniques with the revered ancient scriptures, making them subservient to the modern-day aspirations of globalisation and consumerism.
262 pages; ISBN 9788132106135
, or download in
- Academic > Divinity and Practical Theology > Mass media and telecommunication in religion > Religious broadcasting; Appalachian Region
- Academic > Divinity and Practical Theology > Mass media and telecommunication in religion > Television in religion; United States
- Academic > Divinity and Practical Theology > Worship Public and private > Worship; History; Early church, ca. 30-600
- Academic > Divinity and Practical Theology > Saints' days
- Academic > Religion > Indian Religions
- Social Science > Anthropology > Cultural
- Religion > Christianity > Evangelism
- Business > Industries > Entertainment
- Language Arts & Disciplines > Communication