Show Me the Money
Writing Business and Economics Stories for Mass Communication
Show Me the Money is the definitive business journalism textbook that offers hands-on advice and examples on doing the job of a business journalist. Author Chris Roush draws on his experience as a business journalist and educator to explain how to cover businesses, industries and the economy, as well as where to find sources of information for stories. He demonstrates clearly how reporters take financial information and turn it into relevant facts that explain a topic to readers.
This definitive business journalism text:
- provides real-world examples of business articles
- presents complex topics in a form easy to read and understand
- offers examples of where to find news stories in SEC filings
- gives comprehensive explanations and reviews of corporate financial, balance sheet, and cash flow statements
- provides tips on finding sources, such as corporate investors and hard-to-find corporate documents
- gives a comprehensive listing of websites for business journalists to use.
Key updates for the second edition include:
- tips from professional business journalists provided throughout the text
- new chapters on personal finance reporting and covering specific business beats
- expanded coverage of real estate reporting
- updates throughout to reflect significant changes in SEC, finance, and economics industries.
With numerous examples of documents and stories in the text, Show Me the Money is an essential guide for students and practitioners doing business journalism.
396 pages; ISBN 9781136946998
, or download in or
Title: Show Me the Money
Author: Chris Roush