Positive Discipline for Children with Special Needs
Raising and Teaching All Children to Become Resilient, Responsible, and Respectful
Over 2 Million Positive Discipline Books Sold!
A Positive Approach To Helping Children With Special Needs Realize Their Potential
Every child deserves to lead a happy and fulfilling life. For parents and teachers of children with special needs, helping their child to not only negotiate daily challenges, but to live fulfilling, meaningful lives, can be the most difficult challenge they will face.
Over the years, millions of parents and teachers have come to trust Jane Nelsen’s classic Positive Discipline series for its consistent, commonsense approach to childrearing. Now, the bestselling series addresses the specific challenges that parents and teachers of children with special needs face, and offers them straightforward advice for supporting them in positive ways. In these pages are practical solutions to challenges such as:
Learning to look beyond diagnostic labels ● Believing in each child's potential regardless of his/her stage of development ● Helping children integrate socially and interact with their peers ● Coping with the frustration that inevitably occurs when a child is being difficult ● Strengthening a child’s sense of belonging and significance ● And Many More!
Use this book to answer such questions as:
• How do you accommodate a disability, while still teaching a child to try their best?
• How do you help a child cope with anger they may have trouble expressing, especially when that anger may on some level be justified?
• How do you teach a child who may struggle with seemingly straight forward tasks to contribute to the world around them in a way that will be meaningful to them?
“If you are raising or teaching a child with special needs, this book is a must-read. As the mother of a child with autism, my hopes and dreams for my son were no different than those of other parents. I wanted a parenting approach that helped my child grow up to be self confident, happy, and prepared for success in relationships, work, and life. I also needed practical, effective methods for addressing the significant, challenging behaviors I faced on a daily basis. Finally, in this amazing book, I found both….Thank you, thank you, thank you to the authors of this groundbreaking book.” - Rachel Fink Parks, MS, PCC
From the Trade Paperback edition.
Title: Positive Discipline for Children with Special Needs
Author: Jane Nelsen; Steven Foster
How To Win Friends and Influence People 2010 US$ 10.99 320 pages
The Sex-Starved Marriage 2011 US$ 13.99 224 pages
- Academic > Education > Special aspects of education > Education of special classes of persons > Exceptional children and youth. Special education > Children and youth with disabilities. Learning disabled children and youth
- Academic > Education > Special aspects of education > Moral and religious education > Religion and education. Education under church control > Christian education. Church education
- Education > Adult & Continuing Education
- Education > Special Education
- Family & Relationships > Parenting