The Happy Parents' Guide to the Family Bed (and a Peaceful Night's Sleep!)
Your baby sleeps in your bed, and you love it. Except for those nagging worries about safety. ("She's so small, I'm so big!") And what your relatives are saying. ("She'll never leave your bed!") And that little foot that always ends up on your face.
Worry no more! Good Nights puts your concerns about the family bed to rest, with fun and easy-to-use guidance on safety, coping with criticism, and even keeping the spark in your marriage (albeit outside the bedroom). With warmth and humor, Dr. Jay Gordon, a nationally recognized pediatrician who has endorsed the family bed for decades, and Maria Goodavage, a former USA Today staff writer with training in sleep research, give you everything you'll need in order to thrive - and at times, simply survive - with the family bed. Good Nights provides a comprehensive look at:
- SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH - Science is uncovering a wealth of advantages, including possible protection from SIDS, for babies who share their parents' bed.
- SURPRISING BENEFITS - Parents of young babies get much more sleep with the family bed! And little ones who spend time sleeping next to parents end up more independent (you read that right!) and closer to their parents than their cribbed peers.
- SAFETY - The authors give simple-to-follow advice on how to make your family bed at least as safe as a crib.
- SOUND SLEEP - Yes, it can be had. Good Nights lets you know how to overcome the obstacles.
- SEX - Ditto.
- SAYING GOOD-BYE - Your child really will leave your bed! Good Nights helps you help your child move on when the time is right.
If you're among the record number of parents turning to the family bed, turn to Good Nights. It's a bedside companion you won't want to be without.
Title: Good Nights
Author: Maria Goodavage; Jay Gordon
Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man, Expanded Edition 2014 US$ 7.99 288 pages
The Joy of Sex 2013 US$ 13.99 288 pages