The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
The Complete Idiot's Guide to Understanding Buddhism
There’s more to Buddhism than meditation and mantras—and this fully updated guide is what every reader needs on the path to enlightenment. With expanded information on the practice of Buddhism in the United States and the West, a greater focus on the relationship between Buddhism and Islam, and the effects of Buddhism on Christianity and Judaism, this book explores the easy ways readers can make Buddhism a part of their daily lives.
* Includes expanded appendixes featuring a timeline showing the evolution of Buddhism through history
* Covers all four schools of Buddhism—Zen, Tibetan, Pure Land, and Insight Meditation
* Expanded section on “rites of passage” shows how a new generation has taken to Buddhism
More from this author
- The Complete Idiot's Guide to Buddhism, 3rd Edition2009US$ 18.95416 pages
- What Book!?2009US$ 6.99272 pages