The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Rethinking Popular Representation
Rethinking Popular Representation starts out from the deep concern with contemporary tendencies towards depoliticisation of public issues and popular interests. It is argued that the root cause of this is flawed representation, due to both elitist institution building and fragmented citizen participation. Hence the book makes a case for the need to rethink more democratic popular representation. Towards this end the book outlines an overarching analytical framework for popular representation, examines key theoretical issues and empirical experiences of popular representation and provides a policy-oriented conclusion.
288 pages; ISBN 9780230102095
, or download in
Title: Rethinking Popular Representation
Author: Olle Törnquist; Kristian Stokke; Neil Webster
More Political Science
- Academic > Public Affairs > Political institutions and public administration > General. Comparative government > Organs and functions of government > Legislation. Legislative process. Law making
- Academic > Political Science > Political institutions and public administration > General. Comparative government > Organs and functions of government > Legislation. Legislative process. Law making
- Political Science > International Relations
- Political Science > Democracy
- Political Science > Practical Politics