Patterns of Data Modeling
Patterns of Data Modeling should be on the shelf of every database, software, and systems architect. The book captures decades of experience, presenting distilled knowledge in a concise and easy-to-understand format. The breadth of coverage is enormous, ranging from basic data structures through star schema, archetypes for representing commonly found concepts, and canonical models for tough problems.
—Paul C. Brown, Principal Software Architect, TIBCO Software Inc.
Mike Blaha has written a clear book with precise definitions and excellent examples. All examples are presented in a graphical form that is easy to read and understand. Blaha assumes the reader has a basic understanding of data modeling, but gives his examples in such a way that if the reader needs some review, it is built in.
—Toby Teorey, author of Database Modeling and Design, Fourth Edition
Also endorsed by the Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect Community
262 pages; ISBN 9781439819906
, or download in
Title: Patterns of Data Modeling
Author: Michael Blaha
The Innovators 2014 US$ 9.99 528 pages
- Academic > Mathematics > General > Mathematics
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer science
- Academic > Computer Science > Electronic data processing
- Academic > Computer Science > Computers - special aspects
- Academic > Computer Science > System design; Periodicals
- Academic > Computer Science > Database management
- Academic > Computer Science > Online databases
- Academic > Mathematics > Instruments and machines
- Academic > Mathematics > Geometry. Trigonometry.Topology
- Computers > Programming > Algorithms
- Computers > Database Management > Data Mining
- Computers > Data Modeling & Design