The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Spirituality of Survival
Enabling a Response to Trauma and Abuse
This book comes out of the author's experience as a Methodist minister working alongside survivors of abuse, which began when a survivor arrived unannounced on her doorstep. 'It scared me. I wasn't trained for this and I felt totally out of my depth. As the weeks went by, I learned both the trauma and the resilience that were present in my unexpected visitor -- and the need to find a bridge between this experience and an informed theology.'
Survivor stories are grounded and echoed in tales from an allotment: of the toil and preparation that are needed, both above and beneath the surface, to enable fragile shoots not only to emerge from the darkness but to grow and flourish. Glasson challenges the victim motif of crucifixion and claims the challenge of the resurrection -- for all people, and for the Church -- to 'live'! '
177 pages; ISBN 9781441127204
, or download in
It's Called a Breakup Because It's Broken 2005 US$ 10.99 290 pages
Why Men Love Bitches 2008 US$ 15.95
- Academic > Religion > Abrahamic Religions > Christianity > Practical Theology > Pastoral theology
- Academic > Divinity and Practical Theology > Practical church work. > Prisons Missions and charities
- Academic > Divinity and Practical Theology > Practical church work. > Church work with victims of crimes
- Academic > Divinity and Practical Theology > Feast days
- Academic > Divinity and Practical Theology > Hymnology
- Academic > Divinity and Practical Theology > Hymn books in English
- Academic > Divinity and Practical Theology > Pastoral theology
- Religion > Christianity > Pastoral Ministry
- Religion > Sociology of Religion
- Religion > Spirituality
- Family & Relationships