Cardiovascular Medicine, 3rd Edition offers the most up-to-date, user-friendly guidance on the evaluation, diagnosis and medical and surgical treatment of heart and vascular disease and will be relevant to the practice of every cardiologist, cardiac surgeon, vascular surgeon, diabetologist, cardiac radiologist and any physician who manages cardiac patients. The book and DVD package is designed to provide comprehensive coverage of every aspect of cardiovascular medicine from cardiac signs and symptoms and the full range of cardiac imaging techniques through management of peripheral vascular disease and the genetic basis for cardiovascular disease to preventive cardiology.
Drs James Willerson, Jay Cohn, Hein Wellens, David Holmes – and over 150 world authorities – offer their decades of scientific and clinical experience. One of the main features of the book is the consistent chapter organization relevant to modern cardiovascular practice, clear design and engaging text that includes specific features such as tables, lists and treatment boxes that are designed to allow easy access to key information. The reader will have all the guidance to diagnose and manage the full range of cardiovascular conditions in one textbook resource, while also benefiting from access to additional video material from the integral DVD-ROM.
More than 1800 illustrations – including a wealth of color Doppler, nuclear and CT imaging, surgical and pathological images – clarify complex principles and help in the understanding of the subtleties of technique and their application, so that they can be quickly and easily implemented into the reader’s practice.
Cardiovascular Medicine, 3rd Edition is the premier resource of its kind, advancing readers’ knowledge and stimulating further study in cardiovascular medicine. New to the third edition are:
- Expanded coverage of the coronary heart disease syndromes; congestive heart failure; arrhythmias; pacing; sudden death; lipid management (including clinical results), and a completely revised and updated section on noninvasive imaging.
- An updated review of the mechanisms, recognition, and treatment of aortic coronary syndromes – plus updates on the results of the most recent clinical trials with antithrombotic interventions.
- New chapters to elucidate the uses of invasive and non-invasive cardiac imaging with greater emphasis on the role of cardiac imaging within cardiovascular medicine.
- The latest knowledge of the mechanisms responsible for congestive heart failure and its treatment including beta-blockers, ACE inhibitors and angiotensin receptor antagonists, mechanical assist devices and transplantation.
- The most current information on current clinical drug trials for the treatment of stable and unstable angina, as well as the latest in arrhythmia development and modern therapy.
- The DVD-ROM contains video imagery for selected chapters, the full text of the book plus an interactive heart sounds presentation. This contains over 100 individual heart sounds with correlated videos and imaging and a full narrative.
2877 pages; ISBN 9781846287152
, or download in
Title: Cardiovascular Medicine
Author: James T. Willerson; Jay N. Cohn; Hein J.J. Wellens; Jr. Holmes
Parting 2004 US$ 13.95 81 pages
Introduction to Telemedicine, second edition 2006 US$ 49.95 219 pages