The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Introduction to Emergency Management
Emergency management is a vibrant and growing field, driven by government spending in the wake of terrorist attacks and natural disasters and by private-sector hiring of risk managers and emergency planners. Practicing professionals need a book that provides a solid foundation in the principles of disaster planning, mitigation, response, communications, and recovery, and since 2003, Introduction to Emergency Management has led the market among introductory EM books. As climate change and development lead to more numerous and more costly disasters and as countries around the world continue to struggle with terrorism, the number of emergency managers and business continuity planners continues to rise. The private sector partners with local, state, and federal government to prepare for and recover from crises. This 4e gives still more focused, current, thoughtfully analyzed information on the all-hazards, all-actors approach to emergency management.
* Expanded coverage of risk management * Enhanced coverage of disaster communications, including social networking sites like Twitter * More material on mitigation of disasters * Up-to-date information on the role of FEMA in the Obama administration
424 pages; ISBN 9781856179607
, or download in or
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Social service. Social work. Charity organization and practice
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Emergency management
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Alcoholism. Intemperance. Temperance reform
- Political Science > Social Services & Welfare > Emergency Services
- Language Arts & Disciplines > Communication
- Business > Insurance
- Business > Risk Management
- Business > Industries