The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
The Technique of Film and Video Editing
History, Theory, and Practice
The Technique of Film and Video Editing provides a detailed, precise look at the artistic and aesthetic principles and practices of editing for both picture and sound. Because editing is about more than learning a specific software program, this book focuses on the fundamentals of editing as art. Analysis of photographs from dozens of classic and contemporary films and videos provide a sound basis for the professional filmmaker and student editor. This book puts into context the storytelling choices an editor will have to make against a background of theory, history, and practice. This edition includes brand new chapters covering the goals of editing, including editing for narrative clarity, subtext, aesthetics, and dramatic emphasis, all showing how to evoke specific audience responses. Some of the new films to be discussed include A History of Violence, Atonement, The Departed, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, MIchael Clayton, and more.
* Learn how to strengthen your story and engage your audience through the editing process
* Examples, analysis, and film stills from great movies
* Brand new chapters covering the creative goals of editing - learn the why behind editing choices, especially as they relate to narrative clarity, dramatic emphasis, subtext, and aesthetics
* New films covered include THE HOURS, THE DEPARTED, A HISTORY OF VIOLENCE, ATONEMENT, INTOLERANCE, UNITED 93, FORGETTING SARAH MARSHALL, THE DEPARTED, MICHAEL CLAYTON, LUST, CAUTION, THERE WILL BE BLOOD, BRIGHTON ROCK, THE THIRD MAN, and THE PASSION
* Updates to the genre section demonstrate new theories on editing for action, comedy, and dialogue sequences
486 pages; ISBN 9780240813967
, or download in or