The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
As She Began
An Illustrated Introduction to Loyalist Ontario
As She Began, an illustrated introduction to Loyalist Ontario, provides a general guide to tAhe most crucial period in Ontario's history, 1775 to 1800, when thousands of refugees from the American Revolution streamed into the land between the lakes, giving Ontario its geographic shape and political destiny.
Concentrating on the personal and social aspect of the loyalist migration, Bruce Wilson looks at the origins, the background, the motives, and the later successes of themen and women who were on the losing side of a civil war and were forced to start life over again in a wilderness.
As She Began is lavishly illustrated with maps and over 50 contemporary sketches and paintings from many diffierent collections.
, or download in or
More from this author
- Key Issues in WTO Dispute Settlement2005US$ 108.00329 pages
- Social Capital, Lifelong Learning and the Management of Place2007US$ 53.95264 pages
- Academic > History > British America > Canada > St. Lawrence Gulf, River and Valley (General) > Ontario
- Academic > History > United States local history > New England
- History > United States > Civil War Period (1850-1877)
- History > United States > 20th Century
- History > United States > Colonial Period (1600-1775)
- History > Military > Vietnam War
- Social Science > Emigration & Immigration
- History > Americas (North, Central, South, West Indies)