As She Began
An Illustrated Introduction to Loyalist Ontario
As She Began, an illustrated introduction to Loyalist Ontario, provides a general guide to the most crucial period in Ontario’s history, 1775 to 1800, when thousands of refugees from the American Revolution streamed into the land between the lakes, giving Ontario its geographic shape and political destiny.
Concentrating on the personal and social aspect of the loyalist migration, Bruce Wilson looks at the origins, the background, the motives, and the later successes of the men and women who were on the losing side of a civil war and were forced to start life over again in a wilderness.
As She Began is lavishly illustrated with maps and over 50 contemporary sketches and paintings from many different collections.
, or download in or
Title: As She Began
Author: Bruce Wilson
- Academic > History > British America > Canada > St. Lawrence Gulf, River and Valley (General) > Ontario
- Academic > History > United States local history > New England
- History > United States > Civil War Period (1850-1877)
- History > United States > 20th Century
- History > United States > Colonial Period (1600-1775)
- History > Military > Vietnam War
- Social Science > Emigration & Immigration
- History > Americas (North, Central, South, West Indies)